ads

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tribute to My Mayor, My Mentor My Father

By Fon Yembe

When I was born in 1968, Kort was there by my mum.
When I was ready to trek to school, Jones was there
to carry me along
When I sweated at Sabongari in mid elementary, Tanko was there to chide me
When I was ripe to start fighting for democracy, Mangoh was there to inspire me
My Mentor, you were, as you stood for what is good, right and just
My Father you were, as you guided me along the path of righteousness
My Mayor, you were, when you built and led Nkambe to see real light
My Pastor, you were, when you made me see God as He is
Death did not first strike Adam, the first sinful man, nor Cain, the
first hypocrite, but Abel, the innocent and righteous.
The first soul that met death overcame death; the first soul parted
from earth went to to heaven.
Death argues not displeasure, because whom God loved best dies first,
and their murderer is punished with living ( so says a wise one)
You were not a hypocrite, but righteous and innocent
Let the world know that you have fallen to rise in multitude form
For your dreams as a democrat to take root in Nkambe and Mbum forever.


When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: