Saturday, April 11, 2015

Dumbu Health Center Fire Disaster: Night Watch Man Dies after Severe Burns


By FC Ndi
The laboratory reduced to ashes
Ndang Johnson, the Night Watch man of the Dumbu Health Center who suffered from severe fire burns has kicked the bucket at the Nkambe District Hospital. Ndang Johnson died yesterday April 10, 2015 while undergoing medical treatment. It is said that the Night Watch man arrived the health center and in his routine habit of warming himself, he lighted fire just to discover that flames were burning in the air. In an attempt to rescue the Health Center, and out of fear, he sustained severe burns. Tongues are still waging in Dumbu town in Donga Mantung Division over the demise of Ndang Johnson. He is the third person to die in that institution. A Nurse and a Clearner of the said Health Center died not long. Suspicion looms as to whether someone had not planted some “juju” or black magic in the premises of the health center. Yet, not a hint had linked the previous incidents to the eviction of the Chief of Health Center.
 It is alleged that the Laboratory technician of the Centre had changed the gas bottle and did not closed it firmly. The fire is said to have reduced to ashes everything inside the laboratory, injection and dressing rooms. Fire seems to elect permanent residence in Dumbu. Few months ago, fire rendered about 10 families homeless. This is the second incident in less than three months. 


When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: