ads

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Why I Called Nigeria a Zoo - Radio Biafra Boss, Nnamdi Kanu

Radio Biafra director, Nnamdi Kanu who is charged with treason and other related offences on account of his agitation for the secession of the South-East to form a sovereign state of Biafra has revealed shocking details in explosive interview.

 
In an interview with online news platform, SaharaReporters, the embattled leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and founder of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, described Nigeria as a zoo and accused Governor Rochas Okorocha of Islamizing Imo State. 
 He confirmed in the statement he made to the Department of State Services (DSS) after he was arrested at a Lagos hotel on October 14, 2015, that he made some comments calling Nigeria a zoo to justify his belief that the only language its people understood was violence.
  
 
On the aunthenticity of the interview which was played by officers of the DSS:
I acknowledged that it was me that gave the interview and the answers I provided were done by me. As I have earlier stated in past interrogation, the statements I make are purely designed to elicit reaction that will facilitate the desired change which is needed.

On refering Nigeria as a Zoo:
In the interview, I made reference and said, 'the zoo has come to an end, they keep killing our people.' In the interview, I also said 'the language the people hear in the zoo is violence. If they fail to give us Biafra, Somalia will be a child’s play', yes, I stated that in the interview. Again, I was asked (and I said), 'If they do not give us Biafra, there would be no one living in the zoo,' yes, I said so.
 
On Governor Rochas Okorocha Islamizing Imo State:
I was also asked did I say that Rochas had Islamized Imo State and I said yes. I was also asked to confirm that I said that I do not believe that a peaceful approach to the restoration of Biafra was viable because I am not aware of anywhere else in the world where that is the case considering the history of the countries and their approach to such issues.
 
On the rumours accusing him of belonging to Biafra Zionist Movement:
I do not belong to Biafra Zionist Movement. However, I stated my support for its action because it was a civil act designed to highlight societal injustice. The said act involved a group of civilians massing at the Government House at Enugu to hoist the Biafran flag.
 
The 48-year-old, who re-affirmed himself as the leader of IPOB, also gave an insight into the global leadership structure of the group.

"I wish to state for the records that I, Nnamdi Kanu, is the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra and Director of Radio Biafra and is in charge of the running of the organization. In terms of the organizational structure, I can confirm that the office of the Director sits at the apex."
 
Kanu said under him was Mazi Udanna Asiegbu. "Under him (Asiegbu) is the office of the CoC, which translates into the Co-ordinator of Co-ordinators and under him comes the Continental Representatives and are as follows:

(1) North America is represented by Mr. Nnamaram Ugochukwu; South America, by Leornard Aniemene, who is resident in Trinidad and Tobago. Mazi Asiegbu is resident in Spain and Clifford Iroanya, the Coordinator of Coordinators, is resident in Houston Texas, USA.

Nnamaram Ugochukwu is resident in Dallas, Texas. The continent of Europe is represented by Mazi Edoziem in Switzerland; Asia continent is represented by Onyinyechi Nlebedim in Malaysia while Australia is represented by Austin Ofomah, who resides in Canberra, Australia."


When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: