ads

Thursday, December 1, 2016

BREAKING News: Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka Finally Destroys His American Green Card

After many days of waiting, Nigerian playwright and poet, Wole Soyinka has kept his pledge by destroying his American Green Card.
Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka
 
Nobel prize-winning author Wole Soyinka has finally destroyed his US residency green card. He made the revelation on Thursday after he had pledged to destroy the card if Donald Trump wins the presidential election.
According to an AFP report, Soyinka said he destroyed his green card during a conference at the University of Johannesburg.
 “I have already done it, I have disengaged (from the United States). I have done what I said I would do,” the 82-year-old said on the sidelines of an education conference at the University of Johannesburg.
“I had a horror of what is to come with Trump… I threw away the (green) card, and I have relocated, and I’m back to where I have always been” — meaning his homeland Nigeria.
 The renowned playwright and poet who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1986 and has been a regular teacher at US universities including Harvard, Cornell and Yale said he wouldn't discourage Nigerians from acquiring a green card. 
“It’s useful in many ways. I wouldn’t for one single moment discourage any Nigerians or anybody from acquiring a green card… but I have had enough of it,” he said.



When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: