ads

Monday, May 15, 2017

Nollywood Vibes: Mercy Aigbe Speaks on Her Husband's Detention

Yoruba actress and movie producer, Mercy Aigbe whose marriage has taken a nosedive due to alleged physical abuse has commented on the plight of her embattled hubby.

Mercy Aigbe

 
The saga in the home of the Gentrys seems to be far from over as star actress, Mercy Aigbe’s husband, Lanre Gentry was remanded in prison during the week for failure to meet his bail condition.
 When Saturday Beats reached out to the ace actress, she made it known that she has nothing to do with her husband’s predicament. She explained that the matter was reported to the appropriate agencies and they are handling the case according to the law.
 She said, “The case is no longer between my husband and I. It is now between the Office of Public Defenders, Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs and my husband. The officer is the one handling the case.”
 Aigbe in an emotionally laden voice said that she wants her husband to know the gravity of what he has done because till date, she is still coughing out blood due to the beatings she got from him. “I cannot be washing my dirty linen in public and that is why I do not want to go into details of my marriage. 
"It is not in my place to send him to jail. I only reported to the appropriate authorities and I just need him to show remorse for what he has done to me. He does not know the gravity of what he has done to me, the pains that I feel right now and the trauma I have gone through. I am still in pains and I am bleeding internally because I am still coughing out blood. Instead of him to be remorseful, he was busy going online to say all sorts of things about me and concocting lies. 
"He has been fabricating stories to taint my image because he knows I am the one with a reputation at stake. I intentionally did not say anything even though I have proof of everything I have to say. Instead of my husband to show some sense of responsibility and own up to what he did, he was busy dragging my name in the mud,” Aigbe said.



When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: