ads

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Meet the Prophet Who Gave 32 Cars to Nollywood Stars and Others

 The Senior Pastor of Champions Royal Assembly Abuja, Joshua Iginla, who gave out 32 cars to selected Nollywood actors and cash other gifts has opened up on why he made the move on his birthday.
Pastor Iginla
 We reported it here earlier last week that an Abuja-based man-of-God, Pastor Joshua Iginla of Champions Royal Assembly in Kubwa Abuja, gave out 32 cars including 16 SUVs to se­lected Nollywood actors and cash gifts among others to the less-privileged at his birthday celebration which was held at his church premises on May 22nd. 
 In an exclusive interview with The Sun, the senior pastor of Champions Royal Assembly who gave out 32 cars, has opened up on why he made the move on his birthday.
 "It doesn’t matter to me if I trek home as I have given even the car that I personally drive. I can only drive one car and live in one house at a time. This understanding is what has taught me that when I die, others will inherit my assets. The beauty of life is not in its duration but in its donation.
"I have not seen some of the ben­eficiaries before in my life or spoken to them. I’m seeing many of them for the first time today. I am seeing Jide Kosoko for the first time," he said.
 Speaking on why he annually doles out posh cars to Nollywood acts, he said it was because many of them are poor but many people er­roneously think they are rich because of the kind of wealthy roles some of them play in the movies.
 "So this is my own way of correct­ing the wrong impression," Iginla said, adding that the fruits of Nollywood artistes are being reaped by pirates and challenged government to do some­thing to arrest it: "Nollywood actors and actresses are our ambassadors; they have projected the image of this country positively and so they deserve to be treated well," he said.
 Iginla also gave out cash running into several millions of naira to the aged, widows, orphanages and also offered scholarship to orphans from nursery school to university level.
 Recall that Pastor Iginla had in 2015 given 18 cars and millions of naira out as his birth­day gift and has been increasing the tally on a yearly basis.
 The beneficiaries of Iginla’s car gifts included; Prince Jide Kosoko, Francis Duru, Alex Usifo, Ngozi Osondu, Thelma Nwosu and Sun­day Omobolanle aka Aluwe.


When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: