ads

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Nollywood Gist: Why I Can't Marry Rita Dominic - Jim Iyke

 Nollywood bad boy, Jim Iyke has opened up on his relationship with Nigerian actress, Rita Dominic and the fact that they haven't spoken directly for two years now.


 
Jim Iyke and Rita Dominic
 

Nollywood bad boy actor, Jim Iyke and screen goddess, Rita Dominic have over the years been linked together on several occasions and the reason is not farfetched as the duo often played roles of lovers in movies back in the early 2000s.

 

However, Jim Iyke has opened up on his relationship with Rita in an interview with Broadway TV. When asked why he didn’t get married to the actress, he said: “Rita and I met when I was just beginning to embrace fame, and the comforts that came with it.

 The laurels, the distraction, even the destruction. And Rita is not the kind of woman that hangs around a lot. We were very deep with each other. We still are great-friends though we don’t speak constantly. As a matter of fact, it may surprise you that we haven’t spoken to each other in over two years. But when we meet, we are cordial,  and respectful.

There is that deep rooted thing of a man or woman you shared something with”. I don’t think Rita at that time was looking at longevity, truthfully. Don’t forget, I was the kid with the crazy afro, ready to start a fight anywhere. My life was about having a good time and as many conquests as possible. So, who wants that kind of guy?”

 The ‘last flight to Abuja’ role interpreter further revealed that he has no intention of settling down with the award-winning actress, the reason being that they both work in the same industry and he wants a different experience in marriage.

 He also gave reasons for his last failed relationship. “I don’t think so, we come from the same circle, she knows too much of what I know and I think I know too much of what she knows. You need that opposite attraction to survive the kind of life I live now. I want to come in and hear about your day, I don’t want to repeat what I have done with you. I need to learn new things from you, I need you to teach me new tricks, and I need to, at least, pretend to be interested in what you are talking about in the evening. A dead giveaway is the fact that I do know what you are talking about, I can fathom and predict it and I can end it, I don’t want that kind of life.   I want someone that is entirely different from my world, someone that can bring me to order. The amazing relationship I had before now didn’t work for special reasons and it is obviously because of that. I don’t want a drama queen, I just need a woman that will come to me with something different all the time, I don’t want a predictable life,” he quipped. 



When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: