ads

Monday, April 19, 2021

Tribute to Christian Cardinal Tumi By Barrister Nico Halle

 


Pa Cardinal as I fondly called you when you sojourned in this sin sick world where there is everything but Love and Justice, I am doing this piece with deep pain in my heart as you have gone home to your creator. The news of your demise was surely a thunderbolt on my whole body set up. So devastating, shocking, smashing, crushing and unbelievable. Why because you are usually robust and promising in your outlook. 

When I remember the quality moments we had together in sharing a meals after both of us acted as resource persons at Seminars or workshops in Bamenda or at your residence here in Douala I am trapped by nostalgia. Excellent moments that remain indelible on my mind. I cannot forget the honour you bestowed upon my humble self when you sacrifice a greater portion of you day in personally taking part in my 30th Professional Anniversary at the Presbyterian Church Bonaberi-Douala in 2016. You electrified the large Assembly of invitees who had come to attend the event by the warm and kind words pronounced in describing me as a man of integrity and dignity. You added that though you were not close to me you appreciated what I was doing for the Nation in the domain of Peace crusading and fighting against Corruption and moral decadence in all its forms. You indicated that you loved my frank and courageous stance on the truth, patriotism, dignity and honesty. 


The climax of your love for me was when you paid my modest family a maiden visit at our home here in Bonaberi. The wisdom you shared with some friends and my Rev Pastors invited to receive you has remained engraved in our hearts. We were abundantly blessed by your visit especially as it was you who initiated it wanting to know where my family lives. We will never thank you enough Pa Cardinal. 
The last but crucial call I received from you is when you were assigned to lead a caravan to explain the contents of the recommendations of the Major National Dialogue MND in the NW Region. When you got to Bamenda you called me to find out where I was as I was on the list of the team you were leading. When I told you that I was still in Douala you asked what I was still doing in Douala when the rest of the members were already in Bamenda. In my response I told you that I could not come to Bamenda to be part of your caravan because I was never invited to the National Dialogue consequently could not come as I would not have much to say especially as the issues needed  mastery. Then you ask a question I could not answer. "Ntumfor if you were not invited to the MND who then was invited? You have over the years been crusading Peace and reconciling so many factions in society how come you of them all will not be invited? When I saw your name on the list I was happy that we had someone who would assist us. Now I do not know what to do. Yes Ntumfor you are right not to come because you were not invited to the dialogue. This is unfair". "Pa Cardinal, may kindly inform you that I checked with the PMHG Chief Dr Dion Ngute and he confirmed that my invitations had been directed to the Bilingualism Commission. When I called the Director of Cabinet of PM he equally confirmed that my invitations had been directed to the Bilingualism Commission. I further called H.E. Felix Mbayu who again confirmed that my invitations had been directed to the Bilingualism Commission. Of the two invitations sent to the Commission for me only that of the Cultural Gala was seen". After listening to me you expressed your indignation at such highhandedness and that was the end of our long chat.

Pa Cardinal you are gone home but your extraordinary huge legacy will live on and be perpetuated by those who espoused core moral values of society. 
I dare not grief for your departure. I would rather celebrate your unparalleled accomplished and fulfilled life. You were a great model. You talked the talk and walked the walk. 
Now that you have been called by your creator, we plead with you to continue to intercede for us all. Continue to pray for love, Justice and Peace to reign amongst God's people. Pray for Cameroon, Africa and the world. 
Finally, thank you for the love you had for me and my family. 
Rest well with the Lord where there is no more pain nor suffering. Where there is no hate, corruption, embezzlement, greed, bad blood, blackmail, rigging, graft, falsehood, hypocrisy, jealousy, discrimination, tribalism etc etc

When News Breaks Out, We Break In. (The 2014 Bloggies Finalist)

No comments: